Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here's what Robyn Custer has been doing!

My parents moved to Denver while I was still a senior. I followed after graduation. When I turned 18 I followed a guy to North Platte for a year or two where I worked as a diesel fuel pump jock for 2 years! Hey...you do what ya gotta do. I moved back to Denver for a year or two and moved to Dallas in '83. While there I met my ex-husband, got married, started college at the age of 26, finished in 3 1/2yrs graduating Summa Cum Laude from UT Arlington with a BBA. Who'd a' thunk it given the whole truck stop thing? JTook the CPA exam my last semester in school and passed, went to work for Grant Thornton. My husband and I split shortly before I graduated and after about a year I moved to Colorado Springs wanting to be closer to family. I lived there for more than 10 years (LOVED IT) and just moved to the Denver area in the fall of '02. I did do a short 2 year stint in Silicon Valley from 2006-2008. Money was great but I was homesick and just moved back in May 2008. I am currently working part time and going through a career change that I am still sorting out what I want it to look like but I will venture a guess it won’t entail auditing or crunching numbers for anyone but myself. : ) Living the life of a rolling stone but never made the cover.

Best to all in Sidney.
Robyn Custer

No comments:

Post a Comment