Thursday, July 23, 2009

Here is what Rich Patten has been doing!



Went to college in Lincoln, played way too hard, but managed to get in 5 seasons of the Huskers.

Graduated and moved to the armpit of Kansas, Wichita, with Black and Decker.

Six months later I married Vicki Moore, met in college, dated 2 ½ years.

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in May of this year in a special way.

Nothing says I love you like a hysterectomy.

Six months later, moved to Kansas City. Became a Royal’s fan.

Lived in Overland Park, KS for 2 years.

Moved to Denver with Mutual of Omaha. Worked with Niner and Marlin Jung.

Stayed there 4 years, moved to Chicago fall of 1990.

Walker, my son was born in Hoffman Estates, IL, December of 1992.

Moved back to Kansas City, stayed another 5 years.

My daughter, Madison was born March of 1997.

Moved back to Denver to again work at Mutual of Omaha.

Have been here since, helping run our sales office. Live in Parker.

For enjoyment, we used to ski, but now both kids play ice hockey, and all we do is go to practice or games.

Ski occasionally. I actually play old man hockey, amazed I sweat because if you ever watch a game, you realize I don’t move.

I play golf every weekend, live in a great neighborhood and can think of no place I’d rather live.

Looking forward to seeing old friends Labor Day weekend.

Not sure if I am very fond of the way Rich used the word "old". LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment