Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here is what Lori Lodes has been doing!

A quick synopsis of my life after high school - graduated from UNMC with a degree in Medical Technology worked one year in Omaha NE and met my husband of 23 years - Jerry. Moved to Alaska - lived an adventure filled life up there for the next 7 years and then moved back to Northeast NE where Jerry took over the family farm. Worked in the medical industry for 15 years then decided to move on so I got my MS degree in Computer Science - had a son - Evan - who is now 13 - started working as the technical director for a (dot) com startup was then asked to teach some adjunct courses at Wayne State College and decided I liked it so now I'm starting my 9th year at WSC as an Assistant Professor of Computer Science. Working on getting my PhD in CS so I can continue in education and will hopefully be finished this fall!! Missing a lot of filler but I'll save that for our next reunion :)!

I won't be able to make it to the reunion this year due to the fact that I hope to be defending my dissertation over labor day weekend in Florida. It was the only time that would work so I was disappointed to hear it fell on the same weekend as our 30th year reunion.

Lori-We will miss you the reunion but wish you the best on your dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment