Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here is what Lori Bahr has been doing!

I started my full time working career immediately after graduating high school. I worked at Dinklage Feed Yard as a book keeper for a couple years before working at Memorial Hospital as a billing clerk. I worked at the hospital for ten years. I left the hospital in 1990 and took the position with the City of Sidney as a billing clerk/computer operator. I later advanced and am now an account clerk-my main duties are accounts payable, relief payroll clerk and customer service. I also construct the city's websites.

I married Steve Bruns in 1981. We have a wonderful daughter, Stephanie Laurel. We divorced several years later.

In 1997, I married Mike Borchert. Mike brought to this marriage three daughters, Christina, Chrissy and Lindsey.

We are fortunate to have a very loving blended family. Our daughters are all married to fine young men. We have five grandchildren. Mikella, 2 (Christina & Tom-Casper WY), Aaliyah, 2 (Chrissy & Simon-Surprise AZ), Karsyn, 7 (Lindsey & Brandon-Sidney NE) and Kameron, 6 & Laurel, 9 months (Stephanie & Nick-Dover DE). We just had the pleasure of having our grandson, Kameron spend a couple weeks with us this July. Quite the experience after having an empty nest for....... hmmmmm, let's just say, quite a few years.

The highlite of my life is my family. Our children and grandchildren. I am so proud of each of them. They all are employed, five of our children (and spouses) were/are in the military. Our daughter Stephanie and son-in-law Tom both served in Iraq. Tom is on his second tour and is currently in Kuwait.

My favorite hobby is taking photographs. Especially of my grandchildren. I also enjoy golfing, walking, reading, scrapbooking and graphic design.

I never left Sidney. And I have no regrets. I love the small town life, knowing pretty much everybody.

Well that pretty much sums up the last 30 years. I hope we hear from more classmates as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment