Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here is what Cyndi Avey has been doing!!

After graduation I attended the Grand Island School of Business in Grand Island, NE and received a degree in marketing 1980. In 1985, I took a writing class from the New York Newspaper Institute in New York City.

With my writing I have one book published, & many poems published, along with awards won. I will sit down to the computer at times, and write stories for people when asked. I have a work in progress right now.

In the 90's, I attended Central Community College in Grand Island where I took day care, & early childhood classes. I also sold Mary Kay Cosmetics for 20 yrs. I now have a home business selling Shaklee Nutrition since 2001. After working at the day care, & being sick all the time, from the kids, I got real tired of being sick, so now, I take Shaklee, & I'm healthy. Right now I work at Duckwalls/Alco in Ravenna. My marketing degree comes in handy working there.

I married Larry Bock Sept 12, 1981 in Ravenna, NE. We have two amazing children. My children are my whole life. I feel, that I was very lucky to be able to raise my children, to stay at home with them, until Leigh Ann was in the 6th grade. I then went to work at the day care in Ravenna, NE.

Leigh Ann is my daughter. She took dance, cheerleading, & gymnastics in Grand Island for 15 yrs. We had many trips to Grand Island, sometimes 3 times a week. Leigh Ann also was very lucky enough to participate in dance classes & workshops in Kansas City with the LA Underground, & Tremaine. One of her dance teachers in Kansas City danced in the movie, "Dirty Dancing". Leigh Ann attended & graduated from UNK in 2005, & this past May she just graduated from Concordia University with her Master's Degree in Reading. Leigh Ann is the Special Education teacher and Education Consultant at Seedling Mile, in Grand Island, NE. She has had many successes in teaching her special needs children. Children that were told they could never learn, Leigh Ann has taught. We are so proud!! Leigh Ann married Tim Miller in Kearney, NE, June 06. Tim has a son, Colton, & they also have two puppies. Tim is a Yard Forman at CXT, LB Foster, where they make concrete railroad ties, and for Tim’s hobby he’s a race care driver.

Wayne is my son. He has taken us on many paths thru our life. He loves his sports. Wayne was a 3-sport letter winner. Wayne participated in football, basketball, & track in high school. He played legion baseball, & golf’s for fun. In high school Wayne worked at the Ravenna swimming pool, where he life guarded. During his senior year in high school he broke the Ravenna High School High Jump Record. We felt very lucky as a family during Wayne's senior year in high school. We got to attend state basketball, & track. Wayne had a WOW senior year!!!Wayne played basketball @ Central Community College in Columbus, NE and graduated there in 2006. Wayne transferred to Doane College in Crete, NE. Where he will graduate this coming May. He will also be a teacher/coach. This summer Wayne traveled all over NE, putting on two-a-day basketball camps.

Wayne played basketball at Doane, now he is coaching Doane basketball, & he also jumps for the Doane Track team. I will miss attending his basketball games, & track meets. This is his last year. We have been going to his games since he was five years old. That's alot of years of going to games. We have been very proud of everything that he has accomplished thru his sports.

Larry is a farmer/rancher. People have asked me, “Why does your husband farm?” I would say, that he has a very important job, he & all the other farmers, are feeding the world. If there's no famers, then theres no food. Larry also loves to hunt & fish. Larry graduated from Ravenna High School in 1975.

I have enjoyed attending all of Leigh Ann's dance recital's, her Kansas City dance workshops, & attending all the pep rallies, ball games that she cheered & danced at. Time goes by so fast, it is hard to believe, where the time went.

It has been fun attending all of Wayne's games in all the different schools/college's; the many road trips that we have taken and all the campuses that we have been on, has been wonderful. I love to travel with my family & friends. I also enjoy walking, reading, scrap booking, & spending time with my family & friends.

Cyndi Avey Bock
710 Alba Ave
Ravenna, NE 68869
308-452-4473 home or 308-380-4038 cell
Email address: dream_angels01@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment