Saturday, September 5, 2009

Friday Night - What a blast from the past!

Well, for those of you that chose not to come for what ever reason - you sure missed out on a good time. For those of you that couldn't come...we wish you could have been there (yes, Valerie I am talking about you as well as many others). I was laughing so hard and smiling so much, my cheeks hurt!

The reminiscing was great, the stories (both old and new) were fantastic - even John O's horror stories. And yes, John, your secrets are safe with me...seeings how I am officially one of the "guys". Unless I would get a good pay out offer! LOL!

We closed up Jimmy's. Time went so fast, we even missed out on going to Dude's. Melanie learned what it felt like to play football (and didn't like it much). Another one for the memory books. And I didn't get a picture...dang!

The tour of the "new" school was nice. The kids are very lucky. Who knows, if we had a school like that back in our day, I might have become a professional something or other.

I will post a few pics in a couple days, after I recouperate. I am almost 50 you know. And it really takes a toll on us older kids! I am thinking about putting a CD slide show together with all of the photos I took. The fee would be minimal (for materials and postage) if any one would be interested.

There has also been talk about continuing the blog. As long as our classmates continue to submit info (photos of kids, grandkids, family shots and stories), I will keep it up.

So...as I close this post to get ready for Saturday nite...I will be thinking of many of you that aren't with us. And I am sure we will be talking about a few of you (good things!).

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pics!!! Karen Bray Cyndi Avey and I have had a lot of fun reconnecting on FBook.. as well as Lori and a few others.. Cyndi and I have been recalling our elementary years!

    Ok on the 20th.. I don't even recognize everyone. . can you add some captions, names???

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes keep the blog.. that way it will be easier for next time..

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog is awesome and I'm glad I went to the 30th after all.

    ReplyDelete